Roast Beef Hash Breakfast Empanadas
I came across this recipe, tried it, liked it and I had to share it here.
Recipe by: bd.weld "Breakfast empanadas are perfect for brunch or made ahead to freeze for those lazy mornings. Hormel® Mary Kitchen® Roast Beef Hash is the star of this breakfast empanada along with eggs and other delectable ingredients."
* 1 (15 ounce) can HORMEL® Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash
* 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 cup diced white onion
* fresh ground black pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
* 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 15 frozen empanada wrappers, thawed
* 2 eggs
* 2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast beef hash, onions, and chili garlic sauce; cook and stir to break up the hash and until onions soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Pour in 5 beaten eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs just begin to set but are still very loose. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cilantro and tomatoes.
3. Lightly flour a work surface. Roll out each empanada wrapper into a 6-inch circle. Scoop 1/3 cup hash filling onto center of each wrapper. Fold each wrapper in half to enclose the filling; crimp edges with times of a fork to seal. Cut 2 half-inch slits on top of each empanada. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
4. Whisk 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons water to make egg wash. Brush egg wash over the tops of the empanadas.
5. Bake in preheated oven on middle rack until golden brown, about 20 minutes.